With the sort of luck I've had with technology lately I should have been scared as hell... I just updated to WordPress 2.5.1. Given the sort of description of what this new version fixes I thought I'd rather update as soon as possible.
Against all odds I didn't crush my server, burn my router or kill my PC. It all took 5 minutes.
Here's the list of updates for 2.5.1:
- Performance improvements for the Dashboard, Write Post, and Edit Comments pages.
- Better performance for those who have many categories
- Media Uploader fixes
- An upgrade to TinyMCE 3.0.7
- Widget Administration fixes
- Various usability improvements
- Layout fixes for IE
That and a huge security bug.