This post should be posted while I'm going back to Buenos Aires. It has been a relaxing week; no snowboarding tho.
Tons of pics and some vids are to follow as soon as I get a chance to look at all of them.
Smarter posting about all this and that shall happen upon my return.
I'm starting my vacation tomorrow morning. Timing couldn't be more perfect. Although there are still a couple fo days left till the Olympics close on Sunday I think the program can survive without me.
There has been a certain ammount of turmoil and unrest lately; time off is more than welcome.
I'll try to post every once in a while, maybe upload some pictures as well.
Last week was one of the hardest ever. This time work provided shelter for "other stuff", something I could focus on while trying to keep the head above the water.Infamous unordered list follows.
- Voices is really taking off. I need to write a piece on why it is the right play at the right moment and nuder the right circumstances.
- Next week I'll be on a vacation; good news is that it has recently snowed at Bariloche.
- Inertia is the most idiotic of all principles. I'm under the feeling that I have been acting in such way for too long. I need to apply a lateral force somewhere to alter the direction of things.
- Olympic observation #1: I hate short-lived direct elimination sports. The fact that people train an entire life to "act" for about 9 minutes and then head back home (as in Judo or Fencing) disturbs me.
- Olympic Observation #2: sports I'm interested in don't get TV time...
- Olympic Observation #3: the fact that some sports are Olympic and that squash isn't bugs the hell out of me.
- The body can sustain massive amounts of abuse. The mind can too, but side effects are nastier.
- Even in the worst circumstances good stuff can surface. That is what keeps us sane.
- When shit happens, it goes all the way!
This shall prove to be a busy month!
For starters, there is a certain sports events happening. But I have talked too much about that already.
This weekend I'm traveling to mi wife's hometown
By the end of the month: vacation; 1000 mile drive to Bariloche and, hopefully (as in "if it snows", and "if ski passes are somewhat affordable"!) some snowboarding.
The 24th, my wife's birthday, not to mention my mother-in-law's and grandmother-in-law's.
I have to thank Augustus (the Roman emperor) who decided to name a month after himself and gave it 31 days instead of the 29 it used to have when it was know as "Sextilis" under the Roman Republic's Calendar. Those 2 extra days shall prove to be quite useful to fit all events going on this month.
Busy weeks leading to the beginning of the games next Friday. That being said, I'm totally unplugging this upcoming weekend because my Wife's brother is having family and we're traveling to Junín for the occasion. I hereby present to you the unordered list of thoughts going through my mind.
- The final escalation in madness that goes on on the final weeks of any project fuels me like high-octane gasoline. I'm a chaos junkie.
- I have ideas and projects rambling in my mind awaiting for me to devote some time to them. Will they materialize? Who knows!
- I'm due to speak at an event this next October. Details to come soon. I want to do a presentation that is so nuts that people will have to decide whether I've lost it or if I'm a genius (and hopefully more will feel inclined to option #1). Olympics is going to take a major part of the speech.
Regrouping in a couple of weeks with myself after I take off for some time. My last vacation lasted 6 days back in early February.
Over and Out.