Last week was one of the hardest ever. This time work provided shelter for "other stuff", something I could focus on while trying to keep the head above the water.Infamous unordered list follows.
- Voices is really taking off. I need to write a piece on why it is the right play at the right moment and nuder the right circumstances.
- Next week I'll be on a vacation; good news is that it has recently snowed at Bariloche.
- Inertia is the most idiotic of all principles. I'm under the feeling that I have been acting in such way for too long. I need to apply a lateral force somewhere to alter the direction of things.
- Olympic observation #1: I hate short-lived direct elimination sports. The fact that people train an entire life to "act" for about 9 minutes and then head back home (as in Judo or Fencing) disturbs me.
- Olympic Observation #2: sports I'm interested in don't get TV time...
- Olympic Observation #3: the fact that some sports are Olympic and that squash isn't bugs the hell out of me.
- The body can sustain massive amounts of abuse. The mind can too, but side effects are nastier.
- Even in the worst circumstances good stuff can surface. That is what keeps us sane.
- When shit happens, it goes all the way!
Busy weeks leading to the beginning of the games next Friday. That being said, I'm totally unplugging this upcoming weekend because my Wife's brother is having family and we're traveling to Junín for the occasion. I hereby present to you the unordered list of thoughts going through my mind.
- The final escalation in madness that goes on on the final weeks of any project fuels me like high-octane gasoline. I'm a chaos junkie.
- I have ideas and projects rambling in my mind awaiting for me to devote some time to them. Will they materialize? Who knows!
- I'm due to speak at an event this next October. Details to come soon. I want to do a presentation that is so nuts that people will have to decide whether I've lost it or if I'm a genius (and hopefully more will feel inclined to option #1). Olympics is going to take a major part of the speech.
Regrouping in a couple of weeks with myself after I take off for some time. My last vacation lasted 6 days back in early February.
Over and Out.
I thought I'd start honoring the "rambles and riff raff about all this and that" tagline on this blog starting a weekly unordered list of loosely connected thoughts. This fits everything that is on my mind but not long enough for a post on itself.
- Argentina is screwed as a country. Sad to say, but true nonetheless. Too much stuff going on and I don't want to blog about it no more.
- Less than a month to go for the opening of Beijing 2008. I should be freaking out, but I'm not. I do expect this weekend to be the last one I take off until August 8, 2008.
- Fairly happy with the recent buzz around the "Voices of the Olympic Games" program. Also some mentions around the "Podium". Great feedback, took some of that this week as you probably witnessed.
- Personal life is in turmoil, but for good.
- I've ditched twitter. Maybe for good, might go back to it for the games. I simply lost interest.
- My Spanish blog is almost ready. It is live, but still not "launched".
- I still hate translations. And it is only bound to get worst.
- I will never work for a TOP Olympic sponsor again in my life . I feel like I've pushed everything in my life (personal and professional) until "after the games". I'm starting to fear the emptiness inside I'll feel after the games are over. After all I have devoted the past 9 months to "Olympic Stuff".
- I miss blogging somewhat smartly.